On-Page SEO comes under one of a kind of Search Engine Optimization. It is the SEO strategy that we create for robots to read our blog post. But are we doing the best practices for On-Page SEO.
As we all know SEO is very important for all of our blogs and websites to grow organically via SERP’s. In this article I am going to tell you about the most important On-Page SEO tricks that will help your content rank higher. Down below I am going to discuss some of the factors, because of which your site is lagging behind in the ranking race. SEO for Google is all about, How to rank Higher on Google and to rank high on Google businesses need to follow best SEO on-page practices. Here is the the list of SEO on page techniques:
1. Optimizing Meta Tags
- Meta tags are the first thing that has been seen by the users and bots. Meta tags are your site name and a little description that comes in search results.
- Meta tags consists of two parts: Meta Title and Meta Description
- Meta Title must contain a length of 65 to 69 characters and meta description must be of 144 to 150 characters (including spaces).
- Meta title must contain your focus keyword and an engaging phrase with it. Meta description must also contain your focus keyword with a very relevant keyword.
2. Submitting a Sitemap to Search Engines
With the name itself it describes sitemap as the map to your site. It helps the bots to navigate your site. Submitting a sitemap to the search engines helps them in proper indexing and time to time crawling. It also tells the search engines about the fresh content and the best performing pages. Moreover, your blog must have the robots.txt file so that it can allow all the search engine’s bots to crawl your site completely.
3. Keyword Friendly Headlines
- Preparing a keyword friendly headlines are very important. Because this is the second most important place for a crawler to know about your article and to rank it accordingly.
- Headings are always in the H1 tags that gives your focus keyword a very special place in your post. Robots love reading H1 tags and the content linked in them.
4. Customize the permalinks
Customizing the permalink and adding the focus keyword in it gives your post more relevance and user friendliness. Both robots and humans love permalink like: https://yourdomain.com/focus-keyword, this tells both robots and humans about the post at the very beginning.
5. First 100 words of article
- Tons of content is there over the internet and robots don’t read your complete content (as per I feel). But they do read the first 100 words of your article.
- So hide your keyword and some relevant keywords in the first 100 words.
- This is how the robots will know about the subject of your post. Also create an outline in the first 100 words of the article so that the reader will also get in contact with the complete blog post.
- But remember let the keywords occur in your content naturally. Search giant Google hates keyword stuffing and punishes such content with penalization.
6. Keyword Friendly Subheadings
- The subheadings must be keyword friendly. The subheadings are also in H tags other than the H1 tag. The subheading works as the bones of your content and provides it support.
- You can add keywords in the form of questions, this will also help your content to rank on questions like keywords. And if you do everything correctly then it is possible that you can get a featured snippet of it.
7. Use of H tags in a proper manner
- H tags provide strength to your content and differentiate the important things of your content. H tags can be red easily by the robots and they can understand your content more widely. This will help your article to rank on the keywords you want.
- Try to use all the H tags that are H2 to H6 in your every blog post, so that your chances to rank higher can increase (H1 tag is already in use by the main heading of the page and it is non-customizable).
8. LSI Keywords in the content
LSI or Latent Semantic Indexing are the keywords relevant to the Search query that are widely used by users to search something on Google. Use them across the article can increase your chances to rank higher on your focus keyword. Moreover, you can be targeted over the LSI keywords also, if you optimize the content very wisely.
9. Use of Images
- Use of images is very necessary to make your content interactive. People love to read articles that have relevant images in it.
- Images speak a thousand words and can give easiness in reading your article. Robots also love images but not more than the ratio of 1 image per 200 words. Otherwise robots can count your website in the category of a photo website.
10. Applying Alt text to images with a proper description
- Alt text is the place where we can hide keywords for an image. It is used to show the text in place of the image, when the image is not loaded or broken.
- Write a proper description for it with your keyword and the image is all set to perform well for SEO.
11. Use Links in your content
Linking is very important for any article. There are two types of links i.e. Internal and External. Internal links are links that go from one page on a domain to a different page on the same domain. And external links are the pathways from your site to another’s site and vice versa. Take links from other relevant sites having a lot of users, so that they can also flow towards your site. External Backlinks also help in creating trust factors in front of search engine robots and also increase the authority of your site.
No matter how much SEO you are practicing but if you don’t get your content in control and fluency then your articles are not going to be loved by the real users.
Creating quality content is the key for better rankings. Always analyze your surroundings before creating content for anyone. After that write your content and optimize it with all the above mentioned tricks to rank higher on Google.